JOB OPPORTUNITY: ALL-STAR OFFICE MANAGER / BOOKKEEPER
INTRODUCTION & COMPANY OVERVIEW
Birch Ecology is an ecology and natural resources consulting firm based in Lyons, Colorado. Our team includes in-house experts in Plant Ecology, Wetlands, Restoration Ecology, Environmental Permitting, and Ecological Landscape Design. We are a small company that partners with multidisciplinary teams of engineers, soil scientists, hydrologists, wildlife biologists, geologists, landscape architects, planners and construction experts. This collaborative approach allows us to tackle a diversity of project types across our state.
Birch Ecology has a team-focused approach, and we place a high value on career development and professional growth. We have a diversity of interesting and challenging projects with a growing client base. We are looking for a talented office manger and bookkeeper who values the opportunity to work at a small company with an energetic start-up atmosphere.
Birch Ecology is seeking an All-Star Office Manager / Bookkeeper to join our growing team! This position is flexible and may include a mixture of working from home and from our office in Lyons, CO. We are seeking a motivated, career-oriented professional who wants to grow this position. We need immediate assistance with bookkeeping and office management; the position may be expanded to include editing and reviewing documents and reports, social media and marketing, and proposal preparation, based on demonstrated proficiency in these areas. The right person can help to define this role by identifying then executing needed tasks as our company continues to grow. We need someone who will champion projects and see them through. Since we are a small start-up business, there are many diverse tasks and opportunities to be creative.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and MS Office Suite
- Proficiency with Quickbooks Online
- Ability to effectively manage Accounts Receiveable and Accounts Payable
- Careful attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and commitment to quality and accuracy
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Excellent organizational skills
- Skilled in budget tracking and monthly document flow
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Motivated career-oriented professional who values a start-up atmosphere
- Experience with report editing and professional correspondence
- Ability to contribute to proposal editing and writing
- Goal-oriented self-starter who will champion projects and see them through
- Comfortable working from home and in a small office environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This will be a part-time, hourly position starting between 20-30 hours per week, with the potential to grow quickly into a full-time position based on proficiency and individual motivation. Compensation is negotiable based on experience.
Email resumes and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information is available on our website.
Birch Ecology provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state and/or local law.